Tonight I was in a lousy mood, but I was determined to at least cook something so the day wouldn’t be a complete loss. I made burgers. I am zeroing in on a pretty good formula, which goes something like this:
- into two pounds of ground beef mash:
- an egg
- a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- a teaspoon of onion powder
- a teaspoon of garlic powder
- a teaspoon of Emeril’s southwest seasoning
I make six generous patties and sprinkle some salt and pepper on ‘em for good measure.
We also had a glorious salad from our Local Box, augmented by an organic red bell pepper from California we paid two fucking dollars for. Didn’t I say I was in a bad mood?